How beautiful you are, my love, how very beautiful! - Song of Solomon 4:1

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Why this Post Exists

Although this will be quick...much like the vaccine you got recently for the flu, pneumonia, etc...I would like to introduce myself to you. Having been in the ministry in one form or fashion for over two decades I look forward to sharing with you the valuable lessons I have learned, am continuing to learn, and will surely learn in the school of small church ministry. I am - and most likely will continue to be - a bi-vocational minister who thrives best when I am not centered on just church work but rather intimately involved in the lives of the people of the community. The only time I see my desk at church is usually late on Saturday night and early Sunday morning! This blog will not be for full-time ministers as I am one of a growing majority of preachers who serve in complete obscurity in small churches across the vast North American continent. We do not publish New York Times Bestsellers; we do not preach from a book we wrote on how to get wealthy; we do not have normal hours we will be in the office; nor do we have a secretary to do all of our paper work for us. I hope this blog becomes an adventure for both of us. Sometimes I feel like a train wreck waiting to happen while other times everything seems to be "clear sailing." In the near future when I get a little more time I will update this blogspot and try my best to write something each week and share a little sermon fodder for you to think on, address, criticize, question, amen, whatever...
I hope and pray that you will be blest by this blog/ministry/resource. God bless you as you serve in obscurity.

No comments:

Post a Comment